Removing Yellow Underarm Stains on White Clothing

What is the best solution for old underarm stains? They are mostly on the white colors. They are all yellow, both under the arm and on the collar.

By Thea from Phoenix, AZ

Believe it or not, you soak it in a couple of tablets of plain old aspirin.

Sorry, aspirin and water. I reread it and it appeared to be unclear.

March 29, 2011 Flag

How to get rid of yellowing underarms on undershirts?

By Linda from Hendersonville, NC

I was getting ready to toss a bunch of my husband's t-shirts that had these yellow stains on them. My friend told me to put them in the washer at night, mix with about a cup of Oxyclean, agitate for a few minutes, and leave soaking all night long! Next morning I washed as usual, and every one of the stains was gone. This also worked for a white linen blouse that I knocked the iron over on. It was scorched so badly. I was going to toss it out but it came out as good as new. Make sure you leave the items soaking all night! (03/01/2011)

By knobmom

February 28, 2011 Flag

I have white shirts that have yellow stains under the arm pits. Whether it be sweat or deodorant, how can I get it out or at least lesson the yellow tint?

By Tiffany from Tulsa, OK

I'm not sure this will work, but my sister in-law works wonders with getting out stains from old textiles. This is her method, now mine also:

If you have access to handmade, plain soap, rub spots with that. If not, rub with Ivory, maybe Dawn would help too. Wash in hot water with detergent and borax. Do not use dryer if stain is still there, just repeatedly wash as above (one stain of sister in law's took 6 washes, but came out). When stain is gone, let item air dry, inspect. If okay, then wash as usual after that. (04/05/2010)

My adult daughter was going through clothes stored in her attic and had a white blouse that had been a favorite that had awful perspiration yellowing on it; this shirt had been through the washer and dryer several times with the staining and then to the hot attic for at least six months.

In other words, the stains were really old and not only untreated, but really well-set.

Somebody suggested making a paste from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and using a stiff brush
(a nail brush works fine). Work it in and let sit for about fifteen minutes. Rinse with cool water and repeat if necessary. It took us 45 minutes, tops and three rinses, but it really worked well in getting that old staining completely out. (04/06/2010)

By PupperMom

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 29, 2011
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains