Make a T-Shirt Tote Bag

Lay the t-shirt flat, starting at one side of the neckline and ending up at the other side of the neckline, cut a deep 8 inch U SHAPE.

Next, cut off the sleeves.

Lastly, sew a seam across the bottom of t-shirt ( reinforce the seam and corners by sewing it a second time) and Voila! instant tote bag. These are super fun and easy to make. I use them for grocery shopping, etc.

By Frances from Bland, MO

Can you share a pic?

What a great idea! I agree with LJ, have u got a picture? I'd probably do two, put one inside the other, for a heavier duty bag and reinforce all the seams with double seams.

good idea. where is Bland MO I have lived in

Springfield, Ozark, Hallsville and now Columbia.

This is a great idea.Do you have a pic?

Thanks for sharing

I'm so glad to find this. I've been looking for a lightweight tote bag to take to the beach. I'm having to fly, so weight and space in my suitcase is an issue. I'm leaving in four days. This sounds easy enough to complete in about an hour. Thanks!

You could also use a sleeve-less tee and just reinforce sides and sew up bottom. With a tank top or sleeveless tee, no need for cutting, just sewing.

Dec. 23, on the Today Show, a tote bag was made from a tee shirt. The neck is cut out to fit pattern, sleeves at cut / removed. Then this material is covered with duct tape, etc. May I have name of book, that includes this pattern? Thanks

The "No Sew" T shirt tote bag that was on the "Today Show" is from a book called "Simply Sublime bags" by Jodi Khan. I've ordered the book, but its on back order, but I'm excited to get it! I have a slew of t shirts I want to convert and she has other great ideas to make handbags and totes from.

You could use the cut off sleeves as pockets on the outside (or even the inside) of your tote also.

Or you could put the sleeve on the front and use it to fold the tote into.

Loose ball of cut up t-shirts for crafting.
Crafts Using Recycled T-Shirts
Crafts Recycled Crafts ClothingApril 11, 2008
Uses for Old T-Shirts, Mass of brightly colored clothing.
Uses for Old T-Shirts
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎉
🎄