How Do I Keep My Dog From Eating Plastic and Shrubbery?

By dankatt 1

My dog turned down a ribeye, but will eat plastic and shrubbery. The vet says she is healthy. Please help.

By dankatt from Charleston, SC

Showing: Answers Sort

By Ivy 13 20 Flag

I think your best bet is to keep that shrubbery out of his reach. Or you could spray a dog deterrent spray around them to see if that helps. Try adding "cat grass" to your dog's diet. It can be found in the pet isle of most supermarkets and definitely in pet stores. Dogs crave greens from time to time. Either your pooch is mistaking the fakes for real ones or he has pica. I am glad the vet said he's healthy. Let's keep it that way. best wishes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Beth 25 1,120 Flag

It probably has more to do with the texture of what she is chewing than the taste. Try a variety of different chew toys. When you find a type she really likes, get several and change them out every three days or so. My dog won't chew on anything plastic but loves the plush toys. They are all different, just like us!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:27:37 PM on 10.0.1.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.