Egg Slicer For Cheese

A short while ago, someone submitted a tip about using a cheese slicer for slicing eggs. I thought that it was a good idea, but I had to laugh because I do the opposite. I use an egg slicer to slice cheese. I have made many cheese and cracker trays and this saves so much time cutting up the cheese. I take the egg slicer apart and just use the slicer part. Cut off a chunk of cheese and just press down and it is sliced in a few seconds. I have also found an old egg slicer at a garage sale that has the wires on the slicer closer together so I can slice the cheese thick or thin. Just rinse the slicer in hot water and dry, easy clean up. Don't put it in the dishwasher though, it will rust.

By Pico from St Paul, Alberta

I also use my egg slicer to slice whole mushrooms, and also to slice bananas & strawberries for cereal.

Egg Slicer
Uses for Egg Slicers
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsApril 26, 2007
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad