Egg in the Hole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
August 24, 2016
This is a combination of a grilled cheese sandwich and a egg in hole.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 amazing looking sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices medium to thin slices of cheese
- 1 squirt mayonnaise
- 1 pat butter
- 1 egg
- Gather up all the ingredients.
- Place the butter in the pan, and turn on the stove on low.
- Put some mayonnaise on both slices of bread and spread it around evenly.
- Place the two slices of cheese of the bread. Put the other piece of bread on top of the cheesed one.
- Put both slices of bread with the cheese and mayonnaise in the pan.
- Place one egg in a measuring cup and mix it up.
- Flip over the grilled cheese after about 5 minutes. It should be lightly browned. Take a hole out of the center of the grilled cheese using a cup.
- Pour the mixed egg inside the hole and then turn up the stove and let it cook the egg and the bread for 5 minutes.
- Flip the grilled cheese over and then let it sit for another 5 minutes. Remove and egg that might have spilled out onto the pan and put it on your plate.
- Put the grilled cheese on a plate and enjoy.
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
August 25, 20161 found this helpful
Looks fabulous! Can't wait to try this for breakfast with my family soon. Thanks for the recipe. :)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.