Egg in the Hole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This page contains egg in the hole grilled cheese sandwich
. Add an egg to your grilled cheese sandwich for a protein rich meal.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a combination of a grilled cheese sandwich and a egg in hole.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 amazing looking sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices medium to thin slices of cheese
- 1 squirt mayonnaise
- 1 pat butter
- 1 egg
- Gather up all the ingredients.
- Place the butter in the pan, and turn on the stove on low.
- Put some mayonnaise on both slices of bread and spread it around evenly.
- Place the two slices of cheese of the bread. Put the other piece of bread on top of the cheesed one.
- Put both slices of bread with the cheese and mayonnaise in the pan.
- Place one egg in a measuring cup and mix it up.
- Flip over the grilled cheese after about 5 minutes. It should be lightly browned. Take a hole out of the center of the grilled cheese using a cup.
- Pour the mixed egg inside the hole and then turn up the stove and let it cook the egg and the bread for 5 minutes.
- Flip the grilled cheese over and then let it sit for another 5 minutes. Remove and egg that might have spilled out onto the pan and put it on your plate.
- Put the grilled cheese on a plate and enjoy.
August 25, 20161 found this helpful
Looks fabulous! Can't wait to try this for breakfast with my family soon. Thanks for the recipe. :)