Spicy Mac n Cheese Grilled Cheese
This unique grilled cheese sandwich contains hot cheese puffs, mac and cheese, and sliced choose of your choice. Grilled to perfection and full of cheesy goodness.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's a bit of a hot trend (pun intended) to find restaurants serving spicy cheese puffs stuffed inside everyday comfort foods. They actually do taste very good, but the gimmick comes at a bit of a high cost. These are all cheap ingredients, so you can make them at home and the taste is the same. It's fun to make these with the kids, yet the adults seem to rave over them more than anyone!
Notes: I used my recipe for microwaveable mac n cheese for this sandwich. It holds together better while grilling, and just tastes better! The link to the recipe for the mac n cheese is below. I used a panini press, but you can use a pan and press down on it gently with a large spatula.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 1 large sandwich
Link: Recipe for Microwave Mac n Cheese
- 2 slices Texas style thick bread
- butter or similar spread
- 2 slices cheese
- hot cheese puffs
- 1/3 cup prepared mac n cheese
- Lightly grease the grill and set on medium-high heat. Spread some butter on one of the slices of bread.
- Place bread, butter side down on the grill.
- Lay down a slice of cheese, then arrange cheese puffs in single layer on top.
- Place mac n cheese on top, filling in any gaps between the puffs.
- Put the other slice of cheese on top.
- Butter the other slice of bread and place on top of the cheese, butter side up.
- Press the grate down onto the sandwich and cook for a few minutes.
- Flip over and cook another few minutes until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Slice in half and serve.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.