Using Human Eye Drops for Dogs

Can I use human eye drops on a small dog?

Lupe from CA

Call your vet or an animal clinic in your area.

I do all the time and never had a problem. My dog is not small though.

When I first got my little Roxy, she was in tough shape. Her eyes were all goopy and her hair.. Anyway, the groomer said that I could use regular human eye drops for her teary eye.

I opted to simply change her diet and stay onto keeping her eyes free of goop. I also have had her hair that is on the bridge of her nose and close to her eyes trimmed back.

I am also told that we may add one teaspoon of good plain yogurt to their food in the morning.

My brothers Jack Russel has a problem with one red eye that sometimes creates a piece of sleep in the corner of his eye each morning.

I would use a teaspoon of table salt with one cup of warm water and stir to dissolve. Then use a piece of tissue or cotton ball to clean it. Then use another one to dry it. he loved it and it also helped him a great deal.

My dog is a Boston Terrier and he has the bulging eyes. It is dry in our house most of the time and his eyes get really red. I give him human eye drops about three times a week and he seems happy that I do. We told our vet and they had no objections to using them.

Are we talking human eye drops that "get the red out" or plain saline drops for dry eyes? Thank you.

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 17, 2008
Spice Drop Roses
Making Gum Drop Roses
woman using eye drops
Homemade Eye Drops
man using eye drops
Using Eye Drops
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies