Making Mini Pies Without Tart Pans

I absolutely LOVE making pies! But I would love to make mini pies for thanksgiving instead of the traditional 9". Sort of like tarts I guess. But I really don't want to buy and tart pans, I was wondering if I can use muffin tins and if anyone had a recipe. Thanks in advance! :)

This may not work for you this year, but if you ever buy those tiny pot pies, save the aluminum pans for your little pies. If you wanted to, you could buy a bunch for this year and just pop out the pies and store them in freezer bags until you want to use them, and you'll still have the pans...

You can use regular muffin pans. Just roll your crust out and use a biscuit cutter to cut your crust into circles and place into each muffin cup. You can also use a mini muffin pan. Cut your crust with a drinking glass or small cookie cutter. Works great.

Cut both ends off 6 ox tuna type cans. Lay them on a cookie sheet. Line with pastry and fill as deep as you wish. If you buy these, they are called pastry rings

Enjoying a Hand Pie
Hand Pies Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesNovember 19, 2004
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies