Breeding Around a Pit Bull

I have an 1 1/5 year old male Pit Bull and a 4 year old female
German Shepherd. I want to breed my shepherd with another shepherd but I am not sure if my Pit will like the pups or if he would

hurt them. On any other dog I wouldn't worry but since he's a PIT
BULL I don't know if I should breed my shepherd. The pit an
shepherd grew up together.

Don't breed your dog. Have both the shepherd and the pit spayed or neutered. The world doesn't need more dogs.

i dont know anything about breeding but i do know there are many dogs oout there that cant find a home. please leave the breeding to professionals and have your dog spayed.

I think you would be very foolish to breed your Shepherd for several reasons, the most obvious is the problems you could have with your Pit Bull. You could encounter problems, not just with the puppies, but your Shepherd being protective of them and fighting with your other dog.

I know of a case where a purebred, same breed I own, killed and tore to pieces the mother of a litter when the mother attempted to protect her puppies. This is not a rare occasion and with both those breeds you could have an even greater problem.

I love Shepherds, have owned them and showed them for years but I assure you there is no need for more to be bred. Finding good homes, where they won't be abused, is very difficult. We stopped breeding our show dogs back in 1968. The situation is even worse today.

In order to breed, you have to know the background of the dog, what diseases might run in the line such as hip dysplasia, etc. Some people breed because they think they will profit from it. I assure you, as a former breeder, you don't. By the time you pay all the Vet costs, food for the Mom, vitamins, puppy shots, dew claw removal, etc. you usually find yourself in debt.

Please, don't breed this litter.

I agree with everyone else. don't breed your shepherd. Those of us who have adopted dogs from shelters are well aware that there are way too many dogs in the world already for the number of available homes. Have your dogs spayed and neutered.

I am sad to see a Pit Bull owner saying this. You know they are more loving than most other breeds and you can trust them around the puppies just as much as any other breed. My pit has raises many many puppies and he loves them all.

this is our pit/shepard mix (we think) from spca. 85 dogs were unadopted. bello below was a lucky one.

i agree that there are so many dogs having to be put down we don't need more and it will save you the agressive worries concerning the would be pups!!

bello is our boy. he is 4.5 months old. he is a great puppy. we are fixing him at the end of january.

good luck!!

Pets DogsMarch 16, 2005
Dog Breeding
Dog Breeding
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Bengalese Finches
Breeding Bengalese Finches
Two Masked Lovebirds sitting on a branch.
Breeding Lovebirds
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 4:22:24 PM on 10.0.0.119 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.