LocalNet ISP Experiences

Does anyone have experience with the ISP localnet? It's a dial-up internet company, that looks like a good value. I can't seem to find any conversations about reputable ISPs, that also don't empty my bank account. What is the most thrifty way to have phone and internet these days? Thanks for any and all replies.

By Alicia from Prescott, AZ

Go to -Knology isp.com they are o k, good luck.

I used to be on localnet and it worked fine. I was also on Netcom(?) and Datnet dialup both of which turned out fine. They work....slowly. I used to listen to the DemocracyNow! stream on it. It's probably going to turn out fine. If you don't like it there's all sorts of other dialup connections to choose from. The problem is that it takes up yr. phone line and it is slow which is why I finally gave in and got DSL.

Remember these warnings when you connect to the internet-which is basically a modern wild west:

Firefox is reputed to be a better browser and is totally free.

Always use your anti virus program. Use your firewall; Zone Alarm is supposed to be good and free. And keep a copy of special files just in case you get a virus anyway. And get a copy of the installation disk that came with your computer so you can just wipe everything out and start again if it gets to running too slowly.

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 7, 2010
Limiting Fights Over the TV
Limiting Fights Over the TV
Hands holding garden grown strawberries.
Starting a Garden Club
A dog that is afraid.
Training a Dog to Not Be Afraid
Mother tutoring her son.
Homeschooling Experiences