Browsing: Uses for Toothpaste

Uses for Toothpaste

What can you use old tubes of toothpaste for?

By Janice from Hays, KS

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Toothpaste is great for so many things.

It is a non-toxic mild abrasive. I've used it on an old toothbrush to clean marks off of my running shoes, and even to clean the shoelaces themselves (wet the shoelaces and then scrub the toothpaste in with the toothbrush - then rinse). It's also great for cleaning jewelry - just don't brush too hard because it is an abrasive, and don't use it on softer gems such as emeralds or on jewelry with a softer gold - ie: 18c or up). I've heard of people that have applied toothpaste to pimples to help them clear up, although I've never tried it myself :-).

If you do a google search you can probably come up with many more ideas!

I use outdated toothpaste as toothpaste, but I know you might be fussy about that. Use the toothpaste to fill holes made in the wall by nails when you move your pictures.

If you get as much of the toothpaste as you can down to the cap end and then cut the tube with scissors about an inch from the cap end you'll have quite a few more brushings. You'd be surprised at how much toothpaste is wasted.

Toothpaste Tube
Uses for Toothpaste
Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 25, 2009
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:22:36 AM on 10.0.1.28 in 672 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.