Uses for Toothpaste

Use toothpaste to remove crayon from surfaces/walls. Rub in and wipe off! My toddler colored on my living room wall one day (just left the room for a second!) with non-washable crayon. The bright orange picture he drew came off instantly with toothpaste (use paste not gel)! Also works on other surfaces such as tables and floors. Toothpaste also works well for various other marks/messes (i.e. scuffs on the floor and cooked on messes on flat stove tops).

By April

8 More Solutions

Somehow the head of one of my garden statues got broken off. My hubby glued it back on, but there was a still a gap at the break, and you could see the dark glue, not nice.

I use a small amount of baking soda toothpaste named after the maker of baking soda to wash my face with.

Any brand of plain, white toothpaste (not gel) will almost always remove a water stain (left by a glass) from your wood table. Rub enough toothpaste over the stain to cover it completely - you don't need a lot (a little more than a thin film is plenty).

I have toothpaste that sometimes expires. I would like to know if there any other uses for toothpaste in addition to cleaning teeth.

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

You can use toothpaste as a cleaner in many areas of your home. Here's a few ideas: clean soap scum from shower door and sink, clean mirrors, restore shine to copper bottom pots, clean silverware and jewelry and use it to remove crayon or marker from walls or wood

Best Answer

You can use it to fill in holes in the wall before you paint.

Best Answer

I may be the outlier here, but I use expired toothpaste for brushing my teeth. Unless it tastes bad or has changed consistency (and I have never had either happen), it works just fine. I have not (now I should not say this out loud to jinx myself), had a new cavity in many decades and I was just at the dentist yesterday. Expiration dates are important, so I use them for guidance, NOT as an absolute. But that is just thrifty old me :) Best wishes for a lovely smile :)

Answer this Question

What can you use old tubes of toothpaste for?

By Janice Urban from Hays, KS

Answers

Toothpaste is great for so many things.

It is a non-toxic mild abrasive. I've used it on an old toothbrush to clean marks off of my running shoes, and even to clean the shoelaces themselves (wet the shoelaces and then scrub the toothpaste in with the toothbrush - then rinse). It's also great for cleaning jewelry - just don't brush too hard because it is an abrasive, and don't use it on softer gems such as emeralds or on jewelry with a softer gold - ie: 18c or up). I've heard of people that have applied toothpaste to pimples to help them clear up, although I've never tried it myself :-).

If you do a google search you can probably come up with many more ideas!

I use outdated toothpaste as toothpaste, but I know you might be fussy about that. Use the toothpaste to fill holes made in the wall by nails when you move your pictures.

If you get as much of the toothpaste as you can down to the cap end and then cut the tube with scissors about an inch from the cap end you'll have quite a few more brushings. You'd be surprised at how much toothpaste is wasted.

Answer this Question

The mild abrasives in toothpaste make it an inexpensive cleaner for silver including some styles of jewelry. This is a page about toothpaste for cleaning silver.

Cleaning a silver ring.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about cleaning with toothpaste. Regular toothpaste is mildly abrasive and can be used for many cleaning jobs.

Toothpaste coming out of tube on black background

What can you safely use toothpaste for, other than brushing your teeth?

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 13, 2014
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Toothpaste-1.html