How Do I Make a Slipcover for a Wingback Rocker?

How can you make a slipcover for a chair? I have a overstuffed wingback rocker from my son's nursery I'd like to use in the living room. Also, there is a ottoman.

By MamaSarah from Lansing, MI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I have slip covered many chairs and couches. I made my own patterns by using news paper. Everywhere there is a seam out line it on the newspaper and add a half inch for seam allowence. Follow the outline of the cover that is already there. It usually takes seven yards for a chair and 15 for a couch. If the two pieces of furnature match, you can use the same side pattern for the couch as the chair and add for the middle.

Go to fabric departments and look in the pattern books, I know some of the pattern companies do have patterns for making slip covers. Also go online and google slip covers, I know there is a company that makes and sells slip covers. For me anything that I don't have to make is easier for me because of my age and bad shoulders.

Crafts Home DecorApril 6, 2011
chair slipcovers
Making a Slipcover
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Pizza Bagels
Pizza Bagel Recipes
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 24, 2017 at 6:06:04 AM on 10.0.1.221 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.