Lime Deposits on a Stainless Steel Sink

I have a stainless steel sink. How do I get those annoying water/lime deposits off of the area where the faucets are? I have tried everything including scrapping them off with a putty knife, nothing works.

Thanks,
Joanne from Midwest

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi there,

I have found leaving liquid soap on the area overnight, - and then scrubbing with an old toothbrush the next morning removes the lime deposits every time.

Happy day :-)

I have had success using white vinegar. If you cannot pour some on and let it sit for a while (15 to 30 mins.), put some on a paper towel and place that on area to be cleaned. After sitting a while, it should come off quite easily.

Joanne,

Have you tried CLR? I've used the one in the gray square shaped bottle (not the green spray bottle) and it works well on my shower head, sink fixtures and even that soap film on the shower walls.

You can find it at dollar stores, Walmart and Kmart for around $3 a bottle. Use full strength and let it sit for about 5 minutes, wipe with wet sponge and rinse.

Hope this works for you.

Janice

If all else fails, go to the auto parts store and get a small can of Maquires chrome polish. rub in and keep rubbing. We have rotten water and big lime and calcium problems, vinegar works if I catch it at once but not if it gets ahead of me. this stuff really shines your sink! Good luck!!

I use Lime Out from Home Depot.It will clean Lime,Calcium and Rust.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenApril 18, 2007
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 12, 2016 at 1:47:58 AM on 10.0.0.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.