Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Lime Deposits on a Stainless Steel Sink

I have a stainless steel sink. How do I get those annoying water/lime deposits off of the area where the faucets are? I have tried everything including scrapping them off with a putty knife, nothing works.

Thanks,
Joanne from Midwest

By

By Deanj04/20/2007

I use Lime Out from Home Depot.It will clean Lime,Calcium and Rust.

By Frances Joan Resch04/19/2007

If all else fails, go to the auto parts store and get a small can of Maquires chrome polish. rub in and keep rubbing. We have rotten water and big lime and calcium problems, vinegar works if I catch it at once but not if it gets ahead of me. this stuff really shines your sink! Good luck!!

By Janice04/19/2007

Joanne,

Have you tried CLR? I've used the one in the gray square shaped bottle (not the green spray bottle) and it works well on my shower head, sink fixtures and even that soap film on the shower walls.

You can find it at dollar stores, Walmart and Kmart for around $3 a bottle. Use full strength and let it sit for about 5 minutes, wipe with wet sponge and rinse.

Hope this works for you.

Janice

By Judith (Guest Post)04/19/2007

I have had success using white vinegar. If you cannot pour some on and let it sit for a while (15 to 30 mins.), put some on a paper towel and place that on area to be cleaned. After sitting a while, it should come off quite easily.

By Judy Allen (Guest Post)04/19/2007

Hi there,
I have found leaving liquid soap on the area overnight, - and then scrubbing with an old toothbrush the next morning removes the lime deposits every time.
Happy day :-)