Email Account for Passwords

It's hard to remember all of those passwords for different sites, and writing them all down isn't safe, so how do you keep up with them all? Start a separate free email account (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc) just to keep up with those passwords. Email them to yourself at that account, with the name of the site as the subject. Then you can look them up anytime you need them quickly and easily!

By Bailegirl from NC

I use a small data storage program that is password protected. In it I have stored all the web sites, passwords, userids etc. that I use. The only person who knows the password is myself and my lawyer.

When I need a password, just launch the program and find the one you are looking for. I use a shareware program called 'info.xhead'. It lets me set up categories like network, websites, bank etc. Then in each category I have individual entries such as Yahoo, Google etc.

This is a Mac program but I'm sure there are equivalent programs for other platforms.

I have no connection to the software mentioned other than as as a satisfied customer.

Subscribe to

The membership is low cost.

I got this site on ThriftyFun years ago I think. It is a program for passwords called Password Partner. It is free and is at: You might like it.

E-mail isn't very secure, and e-mail accounts frequently get hacked. Which means, if someone hacks your e-mail account, they have access to all your passwords.

The alternatives listed here are safer. :-)

I keep all my passwords in a binder, with A-Z tabs, next to my computer. An address book from the the 99 cent store works well, too. They are all alphabetized and always at my fingertips!

I keep all my passwords typed neatly into a spreadsheet I created with Microsoft Office. I keep them all alphabetized by site name and include my user ID, associated email accounts (I have several personal and business), PIN numbers, and secret questions for password retrieval (in case I rotate my passwords and forget to change one on the spreadsheet). I keep the password spreadsheet and a password rotation list (I regularly change my passwords and PINs) on a 4 gig USB jump drive and then lock it in the top drawer of my filing cabinet. It hangs on the side by an expanded paper clip and is generally hidden from site by all my files! It takes up less space than a binder or address book and is still very convenient to me.

Computer login window.
Remembering Usernames and Passwords
Organizing Memory TricksFebruary 11, 2010
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Photo of a person clicking on their inbox.
Organizing Your Email
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
Overdrawn bank account.
Dealing With an Overdrawn Bank Account