Plastic Flowers for Outdoor Decor

If you have a summer home, as well as a winter home, the garden can really get away from you! We go to the dollar store and purchase lots of colorful plastic flowers. We "plant" these instead of real ones, in both gardens, and have a beautiful garden, with minimal work, all season! My neighbors keep trying to water them for me!

I'm sorry but plastic flowers just don't do it for me

I do the same thing as you, having a couple of areas to keep up an looking nice I have also gone to the fake flowers an from the road it always looks real. This has kept down on the water bills with Texas summers an not a ot of rain it still looks nice with a lot of color. I know others are doing the same thing. Yes we also like the real plants and flowers and we do have several. Also when we are gone we don't have to worry if the plants get watered. You can also mix the plastic flowers with the real ones. also when the flowers do not look good any longer pull off the flower part an use the leaves for fillers along with your plants.

I'm tempted to do this. I have a real problem with squirrels digging the dirt out of my pots and eating the roots.

My late aunt used to do this, but she used silk flowers, mainly pansies, of all colors. The first time I ever saw them I actually thought they were real. :-)

A rock painted as a garden marker.
Frugal Garden Decor
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationJuly 11, 2008
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Decorations at an Outdoor Wedding
Decorating for an Outdoor Wedding
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers