How to Make Recycled Garden Reflectors
July 12, 2010
Create something beautiful from recycled objects!
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- glass ceiling fan globe
- clear silicone
- glass plate
- 4 inch PVC pipe remnant
- gold spray paint
- several different colors of acrylic craft paints
- white spray paint
- Decide how tall you would like the pillar of your gazing ball/reflector, leaving a few extra inches for where you'll place in the ground for extra support.
- Spray paint gold and allow to dry.
- Turn the plate upside down, so as to not collect rainwater, and adhere it to the top of the PVC pillar using clear silicone.
- Centered on this, adhere the CD, shiny-side-up, using a small amount of silicone.
- Next apply silicone around the lip of the glass ceiling globe and center this over the CD.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before placing in your garden. When the sunlight hits the CD, it will make the globe sparkle with iridescent colors.
- For an even simpler gazing ball, squirt some colored craft paints inside a clear round glass globe and turn the globe to create swirls. After this dries, spray the inside with white spray paint. This fills in any gaps, and looks every bit as beautiful as store bought gazing balls, if not more so. This one happened to perfectly fit inside the pillar, eliminating need of a plate.
By a moore from TX
July 14, 20100 found this helpful
Very inventive! I think the coolest is the glitter dome, very cute!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.