Reuse Lenses From Broken Reading Glasses

At one point I ordered some 5X reading glasses online. The lenses were great, but the frames a bit flimsy and broke very quickly. I got the company to give me some new ones, but I was still left with the lenses from the broken frames.

Surprise! I found that I could put the lenses into old wire sun glasses frames! The lenses are not a complete fit, but the ridge on the edge is just enough to anchor them into the wire frames and make them useable. Handle them carefully and you will have another emergency pair of glasses. (I haven't tried it, but you might be able to do the same thing with broken prescription glasses.) I don't know about you, but I need all the reading glasses I can get!

By pamphylia from Los Angeles, CA

Great idea! Hubby isn't prone to breaking his glasses - he's prone to leaving them where our bratty dog can chew them when she's miffed at him ffor something. :P

Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 19, 2011
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
A woman putting on contact lenses.
Caring for Contact Lenses
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses