Lower Flow To Conserve Water

I never realized how important is was to conserve water until we had the drought a few years ago. I turned the water flow down on each faucet except the dishwasher and washing machine.

It is very easy to do just look under each sink and turn the cutoff valve a half turn then turn on the water and check the pressure. If it is too much, just re-adjust the cut off valve until it is the right pressure.

No one noticed the difference but I noticed the change when I received my water bill and I had saved 10-15 dollars. I have continued to use the same method even though there is no water shortage this year

By Carolyn from Springville, Alabama

This sounds like a good idea, however the shutoff valves generally used under sinks, toilets and bath tubs are not intended to be partially open. They were designed to be fully on or they may leak. The better way is to just turn the faucet on a little. The result is the same.

Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterJune 29, 2010
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Rice in a cast iron pan.
Cooking Rice at High Altitudes
Well Water
Cleaning A Well Water Filter
🎄
🍂