Defective Dooney and Bourke Purse

What can be done about the bubbles that form on the Dooney and Bourke coated handbags?

By MecSintana from Arcadia, FL

Answers

I too am disgusted with Dooney and their lack of customer service. I too have an it bag. I have so many bags I carry them for about 1 week a year each. After 3 years the coated cotton began bubbling. I went through the same process of mailing the bag in, paying myself.

I was offered the credit but you didn't mention not only do you get the credit but you have to spend the same amount out of pocket too. For example $75 credit, you must spend $75 also and get a bag worth $150 or more. So I had the bag sent back, though I rarely carry it. Then my coated cotton Miami bag, not only started bubbling but it also faded to a gray when it was once black. This time I refused to send the bag in. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Who basically said, once you have had a bag for a year (doesn't matter if you only carried it for a week) they don't stand behind it anymore. All they will ever offer is the trade in. I tried every tactic on her. She didn't care and she truly didn't care that she was losing several (me and the ladies in my family) customers based on the outcome of this conversation. DOONEY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, STICK WITH COACH FOLKS!

March 30, 2011 Flag

If you have a Dooney and Bourke purse and the leather is pulling apart, will they replace it?

Tracie from Latham, IL

Answers:

Defective Dooney and Bourke Purse

According to their site dooney.com, if you registered your bag, they stand behind their workmanship for a year. (03/11/2009)

By THE IslandGirl

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 30, 2011
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke
Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke Purse
🎄