Rooting Plants

I am putting my home place on the market. I have several plants and flowers that I would like to root. Gardenia, snowball bush, sweet shrub, Camilla's and butterfly bush. Any idea on how to do this?

I think you can root these plants in pots by using Rootone. It's a powder that you dip the cut end in before you put the plant in the dirt. I feel sure you can find it at Lowe's or Home Depot. Also, strip almost all the leaves off the stem before planting. I have rooted several woody plants this way, altho I put them directly into the ground. I don't see why it wouldn't work for pots, tho. Good luck on selling your house and moving the plants. God bless you!

I forgot to mention that I live in South Georgia! Ha!

For the snowball bush, just dig out some shoots. they'll already have some roots, and hydrengeas should be divided occasionally anyway.

If you can't dig up a shoot, try this. Bend a healthy branch down to the ground. Scrape a bit of bark off the branch where it touches the ground. Cover with soil and put a rock or brick on top to hold it down. The branch should sprout roots, at which time you would cut the branch from the tree. Pull it out of the ground and replant wherever.

Happy planting!

You can go to http://www.Freeplants.com , a marvelous website by Mike McGroarty. This is all the man does is root bushes and trees. I found it the most helpful website for learning to root plants..good luck!

Rooting Plants
Rooting Plants
Home and Garden Gardening RootingJune 10, 2007
A weeping cherry tree.
Rooting Fruit Tree Cuttings
Rooting Hormone
Make Your Own Rooting Hormone
Hydrangeas Cuttings
Growing Hydrangeas From Cuttings
spider plant in flask
Rooting Plants in Water
🎉
🎄