Flowers Seeds Never Sprouted

I planted flower seeds 2 months ago and I don't see anything.

By saffolady from Lakekland, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Seeds are best started in flower pots, I've found. Start either indoors in spring, can control the amount of water they received, and even in summer where you won't mistake them for weeds (I did that one!) and uproot them.

The packet of flower seeds might be sterile, or you didn't use any Miracle-Grow.

I found a fool-proof way to grow flowers from seed. I grew these marigolds from seed and am currently growing a perennial mix the same way. I went to Wal Mart and got a Jiffy peat planter. It has 72 little peat pots in it. I simply followed the instructions on the Jiffy box. The only other thing I did was to put a plant light over it and keep it lit 14-16 hours a day. My marigolds grew like crazy!

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 29, 2009
Pre-Sprouted Bulbs
Planting Pre-Sprouted Bulbs and Flowers
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:46:50 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.