Add Items to Grocery List as They are Used Up

Sometimes when life gets hectic, it is difficult to keep track of pantry and freezer contents before setting up a grocery list. Instead of going through them to see what I need, I purchased a cheap (dollar store) magnetic dry erase board and keep it on the fridge. If something is low or gone, I mark it on the board to make my grocery shopping plan go much faster. Also, it helps enough that I don't have to make another trip for the one thing I forgot.

By Dottie from Tonawanda, NY

I've done this for quite sometime now, the only thing is you have to keep on top of it. Unfortunately I slip up, have to redo my inventory and start all over again. I try! Thanks for the tip though (and a reminder for me). Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution, to be more organized in the food inventory dept.!

Excellent tip! I used to use your method when I could see to write better. I need to get back to updating my Word document grocery list, so I can remind hubby what to get. Then it'll just be a matter of nagging him to take the list with him, lol!

That is a fantastic Idea, but what would I use? My refrigerator is Brushed Stainless and is not magnetic. Any ideas?

Thank you.

A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Organizing ShoppingDecember 22, 2010
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Shovel and metal rake.
October's Garden To-Do List
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄