Using a Computer to Organize Your Shopping List

Category Shopping
This is a guide about using your computer to organize your shopping list. Having a convenient list of the items you need will help you stay within your budget and save time.

I keep a running list on my computer and update it every time I go shopping. It has 5 columns on it: Date

• Item (including brand name)
  • Size
  • Price
  • Store This helps me in 2 ways. First, it helps me to know how much I have to spend the next time out. Plus it helps me remember what brands to get and where. It also helps me keep track of the rise and fall of prices.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

I do too. It sure takes a lot of the work out of being frugal these days and doesn't take much time. I put mine in Excel and have several different sheets in the file. One for prices month to month, one for a shopping list that I use and change each week along with a coupon list, another for supplies I have and that need to be renewed like an ongoing inventory, another for the fall when I buy produce to dry, freeze and roast.