Using a Chalkboard for Your Shopping List

Category Helpful Hints
A shopping list written on a chalkboard.
A small chalkboard in you pantry or kitchen can be an easy way to compile a shopping list. This is a guide about using a chalkboard for your shopping list.

I found this chalk board at a yard sale. I loved it because of the shape and design, but any chalk board will do. I have this hanging on my pantry door in my kitchen. As I run out of the regular staple items I need, I jot it down on my chalk board. It is always right at hand and I never have to look for a pen and paper. When it comes time to go shopping, I just copy everything onto my shopping list! I hope you find this helpful.

I have a grocery list board on my kitchen cupboard. I don't always have a pen and paper handy when I think of something I need at the grocery store. So I decided to use chalkboard paint to create a surface that I will always have handy. I prepared the surface of the cupboard as directed on the can and painted the cupboard. I also framed it with a 11 x 14 inch wooden painted picture frame (nailed on with small brads) I hot glued a small strip of wood to the frame to hold the chalk. The picture frame is decorated with miniature roosters. Which is the theme of my kitchen. When it is time to do the shopping I just copy the list off the board.

By Debbie Z