Folding and Storing Sewing Patterns

This is for people who have a problem with keeping sewing patterns neatly stuffed in those too small envelopes.

I hold the pattern where the front picture is facing me. I cut the envelope across the bottom and up the right side making a folder. I then put the pattern pieces and instructions in the folder, then put all of that in a gallon size zipper freezer bag. You can take it with you to the fabric store and read through the bag to get yardages and notions. There is no danger of its being mistaken for a new pattern so there will be no discussion of payment when you get to checkout.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

I have done a lot of sewing over the years and learned to press all my pattern pieces first. When done cutting out,start folding the pattern with the backside up but fold everything toward the printed words that tell you what the pattern is for...Number, size, A,B,C (a letter for each pattern piece) etc. Keep folding in until when you turn the pattern over, only the information is where you can see it clearly and give it a last press, checking your package to see that it will slip inside. Do all the pieces that way and you can put it all together AND you can find each piece quickly if you should happen to need to recheck something. Even my kids could help in putting the pieces back together,when they were young. Be sure the iron is only warm!

Patterns in manila files with envelop in plastic bag taped to outside.
Storing Sewing Patterns
Crafts SewingOctober 2, 2007
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Pattern
Finding Vintage Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns
Making Your Own Sewing Patterns
🎄