Repairing Gold Herringbone Bracelet

Does anyone know if a gold herringbone bracelet with a kink in it can be repaired or not? I wasn't sure because it appears to be unraveling (because of the herringbone pattern it's constructed in).

The first thing I would recommend is get it to a good reliable jeweler and see what they can do. Otherwise I've tried rolling them. Lay it down flat, get a can or glass, wrap it in a dish towel and roll it on the herringbone. It works sometimes, and sometimes it takes a jeweler, and even they sometimes can't fix them.I think that is why herringbones aren't as popular as they once were. I still love the look. IMA3

I have actually ironed out a kink in one of my necklaces with a kink. I laid it inbetween a layer of felt on something hard and put the iron right on top of it. Gold is a soft metal and you can sometimes heat it up enough to flatten it for DIY repair.

The amount of heat from an iron won't melt it even on the highest setting. The gold can get hot enough to burn you, so work with tweezers when it is hot. I even took a small tack hammer and tapped on my necklace while lying flat to get the worst kink out. Not perfect but considerably better than doing nothing.

Hope that helps...

I was at a jewlery show and a salesman told us to put any kinked Herringbone jewlery into the freezer, and when you take it out, use the back of a spoon to press the kinks out.

I've just used a hair straightener to get a kink out of a wide herronbone. Not perfect but better.

Home and Garden Repair Other JewelrySeptember 8, 2007
flexible tubing filled with water, glitter, and beads made into a bracelet
Making a Water Bracelet
Kandi Cuff Bracelet
Making a Kandi Cuff Bracelet
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
colorful bracelet
Making a Beaded Safety Pin Bracelet