Track Sales With a Price Book

This is a guide about track sales with a price book. When you keep track of the last price you paid for commonly purchased items, it can help you know when you find the best deals.

August 27, 2010 Flag

Keep a notebook of commonly purchased foods that are on sale. Note the date bought, store, brand, and the size of package and price per pound or ounce. When you look at sale fliers and make your grocery list, it helps you to know if the items advertised are a "good buy" or not. Especially if one does not buy an item very often, say a cleaning product bought only every six months, it is often hard to recall what a good price might be. Due to inflation, your notes may have to be amended now and then, but at least you will have a better handle on what to pay for various items.

Seasonal produce often varies in price a great deal. Keep notes on when certain fruits etc. are in season and least expensive. Also one can get great deals on specials advertised for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Super Bowl, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, and other events or holidays. Stock up.

By Judy from Valley City, ND

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 26, 2008 Flag

It's a pretty basic concept: when something you use goes on sale, be sure to stock up enough to last until you expect it to go on sale again. To do this effectively, you need to know not only how often something goes on sale, but also how much of it you will likely use during that time. I keep a price book where I record normal and sale prices (plus sale dates!) for all the items I buy. Also added in is a "frequency of use" column. So, for example, if I know I use 2 widgets a week, and they are commonly on sale every 6 weeks, then I would purchase at least 12 widgets at the sale price.

By Leann D

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 26, 2010 Flag

My household consists of just me and my Basset Hound, Chettie. I would like some tips and/or suggestions on starting a price book for grocery shopping. I don't buy a lot of groceries, but with prices going up every week, I know I need to keep better track of my spending and the schedule the store has for putting certain items on sale. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jenny from Enola, PA

Answers:

Track Sales With A Price Book

If you print 'Price book' in google you will get lot ideas. (03/27/2008)

By WIsgal

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Budget & Finance ShoppingNovember 19, 2016
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:32:30 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.