Tropical Fusion Jelly or Blackberry Fusion Jelly

I came up with this jelly to use strained beet juice leftover from when I made pickled beets. I like it because it is a new and different flavor of jelly.

• 4 cups strained beet juice (from boiling beets)
  • 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
  • 1 large box Tropical Fusion Jello or Blackberry Raspberry Fusion Jello (Tropical Fusion flavor is orange, pineapple, and cherry)
  • 1 box Sure Jell

In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a rolling boil, then add 7 cups sugar. Stir constantly. Bring to a good rolling boil again and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly or until jelly drops off a clean slotted spoon in two drops, side by side. You will have to boil it longer than 1 minute; just make sure the drops of jelly drop side by side on the plate. I live in a high altitude area, and had to boil it approximately 3 minutes the last time, but you might have to boil it less, depending on your altitude. Just keep checking the jelly.

Makes 4 1/2 pints. Skim foam off jelly if desired and pour into sterilized, clean jars. I chose pints but you might prefer half pints instead.

Servings: 4 1/2 pints
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

By Monica Lacy from Cortez, CO

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyJune 28, 2010
A blackberry cobbler just out of the oven.
Blackberry Cobbler Recipes
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate