Shnookums (Maine Coon Cat)

Shnookums just turned 13, he is a Maine Coon cat I picked him (and his brother) out from a litter of kittens my aunt's cat had back when I was 7. He likes sun tanning, stretching, making muffins (kneading with his paws), reading over my shoulder, and doing tricks to get treats.

When we got him I thought he was a girl. Since all of our previous cats' names started with S, I came up with the name Shnookums, but I never call him that. He responds to all of his nicknames: Senor Choop, Choop, Mister Choop, the Choopster and Big Guy. Also, in order to call him I make a clicking sound you use with horses and he always comes running.

By Jennie

I think all Maine Coon kitties make great "muffins", and all I've known respond to whatever they're called. Our Sir Catty-Kit is half Maine Coon and half Seal-Point Siamese, and he will answer to anything when he's good and ready, but not before.

They seem to be so smart, but will play deaf as doornails when they choose to. We love our big fellow so much that he can do anything he wants to, and he's still Number One.

Your Shnookums is beautiful and hopefully, will be with you for many more good years.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Pookarina

You're right on -they do know nick names, cats are so so cool-so intelligent if you understand them.

Maine Coon Cat
Maine Coon Photos
Pets Pet PagesSeptember 1, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maine Christmas Charities
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄