Rotate Your Kids Toys

Keep the toy box fresh and "new" for your kids, and have fewer toys to clean up. You can do this by putting away half of their toys. When they tire of the toys they have out, begin to rotate the toys by putting a few "new" ones out and tucking away some of the toys they have been using for another time.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I also do this with my dogs' toys. Every couole of months or so I pick up all their toys except one or two of their favorites, and switch them out from a bin where I keep the rest of them. Sure saves from buying new ones every time I turn around!

Now the only times they get actual "new" ones is on their birthdays and Christmas!

I used to do the same thing. I now have grandchildren, so it was a long time ago. I would fill a paper bags with pop-it beads, another with doll toys, etc. After a number of months I would take them down and the kids were thrilled. They acted as if the toys were new. Then I would put away different bags of toy for awhile.

Too Many Toys?
Parenting General ParentingAugust 6, 2008
Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Children's Toys
Rotating Your Child's Toys
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
Lettuce Crops
How to Rotate Your Crops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 9:07:44 AM on in 936 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.