Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

These three gorgeous Sandhill Cranes decided to have breakfast in my front yard today. I must have a lot of bugs in my grass because they stayed for almost an hour. LOL

By Floridagal

How cool to have something like that in your front yard!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I guess I will have to settle for my chickadees, nuthatchers and dark eyed juncos! But thoroughly enjoyed the pic you shared with us.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 11, 2011 Flag

My grandson's daddy was raised near the Gray's Lake Bird Refuge in Idaho. They pass by it each time they visit their other grandparents.

The day this was taken my grandson Payton and his brother Parker found this one. I just thought it was such a great picture. My daughter actually took the photo and shared it with me.

By Diane from Idaho Falls, ID

Young Boy Holding up Baby Sandhill Crane

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I"m thinking it's probably not a good idea to mess with baby animals as it may interfere with the mom's care taking. Not worth a photo op, IMO. :(

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

February 1, 2011 Flag

These two creatures are beautiful, elegant and they mate for life. Often they come by to look for lizards which they are abundant in the area. Soon they will have their baby chicks.

By Willie Q

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Answers:

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

I love your photo! Would be so neat to look outside and see these beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing (08/10/2010)

By meme23

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Beautiful! Where do you live that you get them in the summer? There are a lot of sandhill cranes that winter here in NM, and they come into our neighborhood looking for handouts. Many of the neighbors, including me, feed them whole corn. They're used to me, so they come really close (I could touch them, but I won't). Our grandson loves to ride in my backpack and be up close to them. He holds a little can of corn in his hands (to keep him from getting too excited and waving). (08/10/2010)

By DottieNM

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

This is my favorite picture in a long time, my reason is that rather than the usual National Geographic (which I love) picture of flocks rising over the Nebraska plains or whatever here you have Sandhill Cranes in what appears to be a Real Live Neighborhood, I will admit that I get excited about small things. East Tennessee doesn't run to sandhill cranes, but we do have deer in the neighborhood. (08/10/2010)

By tennesue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2010 Flag

This is a baby Sand Hill Crane. I saw it out my window when my grandson Zack said "big bird, big bird!" We saw the mother crane on the other side of the fence and this baby trying to get to her. We finally did have to chase it down to a place where PaPa took a fence slat off so it could get through.

By Vicki

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Answers:

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Poor little thing. Glad you were there to help.
(07/17/2010)

By Marg from England

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Vicki, that was so good of you to help that baby crane. Poor things have a difficult enough time finding places to breed and raise their young, so often they just have to do it among us humans. Not everyone is as nice as you are which is a real pity. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad you were there..

(07/17/2010)

By PookaRina

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

That is so cute! Great pic! (07/18/2010)

By Laniegirl

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

That's a great picture, made me smile! Glad you were able to help that poor baby and it's mama - thanks for sharing! (07/18/2010)

By lyonpridej

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos WildlifeFebruary 1, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 4:35:24 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.