Removing Duct Tape From Carpet

If you have used this popular tape to attach something such as a power cord, to your carpet, you may now be lamenting that decision. Duct tape and its residue can be difficult to remove from carpet. This is a guide about removing duct tape from carpet.

Duct Tape
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Duct tape was put on carpet to hold another rug flat. It left residue. How can I clean it off?

By Joan S

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Fingernail polish remover or paint thinner, it will smell. Then spot wash with some Dawn dish soap to remove residue and smell. This method works good on stickers & gum to.

When I needed to place phone cord across my living room floor, I duct taped it down to prevent tripping over the wire. My problem now is removing the duck tape and the residue without damaging the carpet. Any tips on the removal would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Jen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I work as a Housekeeping Supervisor for a University. Duct tape a staple in college dorms. We use a product called De-Solv-it to remove the residue. It is the only thing I have found that really works! De-Solv-it can be purchased at Wal Mart in with the furniture polish. It is non toxic and can be used on most surfaces. Excellent product! Give it a try and I'm sure you will be impressed. Good Luck

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMay 9, 2013
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From a Car
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:02:07 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 510 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.