Send Text Messages From Your Computer

It does not cost you anything to send text messages to a cell phone from your computer, simply type your friend's cell phone address into the "to" box in the e-mail header.

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, the address is the (number)

For AT and T: (number)

For T-Mobile: (number)

For Sprint: (number)

Source: I just received this information from my daughter who said it was emailed to her at work.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

I am wondering if the person receiving the text message on their cell phone gets charged though?

This is fine for the sender but it does cost the receiver. May be okay if the receiver has unlimited text service.

Yes, the receiver will be charged. Also there is a Yahoo Widget from Callwave that you can store numbers and send texts, regardless of cell phone carrier

For Att users (at least) you need to enter the phone number w/o the '1' and no dashes.....just run the seven digits together.

What a great tip. I have sprint. I tried it using the number with the area code and it did not work. Do you leave off the area code? Thanks.

Hey, I figured out what I was doing wrong. You do not put your friend's number in the brackets. Just type in the number and the other info.

Computers Internet TipsAugust 7, 2009
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software