Canned Mackerel Recipes

I need a recipe with canned mackerel. Thanks.

By Simone

Are you sure you want mackerel and not salmon? Mackerel is a strong tasting fish that will stink up your whole house. However this recipe will work. I make it with salmon.

One can salmon

One egg

One cup crushed cracker crumbs

One small onion chopped.

Salt and pepper.

Save half the cracker crumbs. Mix engrienients and shape into patties. Cover with crumbs and place in a skillet of hot oil. After a few munites turn and cook another few minutes. They are then ready to eat.

There was a time when mackerel tasted better than salmon. We used a lot of it. I found that I could substitute it for salmon in lots of recipes such as salmon loaf and salmon patties. If it is as strong as others say, try rinsing it, and be sure to include some lemon juice in the mix.

Canned Mackerel
Recipes Using Canned Mackerel
Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodJuly 19, 2011
Mackerel Recipes
Canned Pumpkin
Uses for Canned Pumpkin
Open can of tuna.
Draining Canned Tuna
Canned Salmon
Recipes Using Canned Salmon