Tray from Vintage Dishes

Put this tray on your vanity or dresser to hold your jewelry or use it on your buffet to serve desserts or treats. It would also make a nice gift.

Approximate Time: About 15 minutes

• vintage plates (2 different sizes)
  • wine glass
  • silk or dried flowers
  • E6000 glue or porcelain glue

1. Place flowers inside of wine glass.

2. Put E6000 glue or other porcelain glue around bottom edge of wine glass and glue to center of large place.

3. Run another bead of glue around rim of glass and place smaller plate on top.

4. Allow to dry before using.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

What a unique idea, and very creative!

I love this idea! It would be great for my dresser to hold all of my perfume!

Very good and clever idea but I should tell you that you might want to go to the library and borrow a Kovels Antique and Collectibles pricing book before using glue on any vintage item :-o I have two of my grama's china sets. The smaller of the two is a four piece place setting and is the exact same pattern that you picture here and happens to be valuable :-o Value can be determined by the information imprinted on the bottom of the plate. There are lots of people out there that might be looking for that particular 'replacement' for a broken piece to complete their set. You'll be surprised just how much one piece of antique/vintage china is worth :-o

What a brilliant idea. I was just thinking you could adapt this using smaller glasses and use to put cupcakes on. Thanks for inspiring me. claire

You know, I think it might also be very pretty with the stem glass turned upside down and the flower or other decoration on the bottom. Think Christmas or Easter decoration inside the glass as well.

I love this idea. I find vintage plates at yard sales and thrift stores all the time for sometimes a dime or a quarter! This would make a great wedding gift too!

I just did teacups glued to saucers with E6000 and put a small succulent in each to cluster as table centerpieces and favors for my wedding. Everyone thought they were the cutest things and we got rave comments.

Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsApril 24, 2009
veggie plate
Making a Vegetable Party Tray
vintage plates glued together to make a tiered serving dish
Making a Two Tier Serving Dish
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray