Put this tray on your vanity or dresser to hold your jewelry or use it on your buffet to serve desserts or treats. It would also make a nice gift.
Approximate Time: About 15 minutes
- vintage plates (2 different sizes)
- wine glass
- silk or dried flowers
- E6000 glue or porcelain glue
- Place flowers inside of wine glass.
- Put E6000 glue or other porcelain glue around bottom edge of wine glass and glue to center of large place.
- Run another bead of glue around rim of glass and place smaller plate on top.
- Allow to dry before using.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
April 29, 20106 found this helpful
You can use any mismatch dishes (plate and bowl or plate and saucer) you have or pick up at a yard sale and turn them into a beautiful gift for someone you love, even yourself. This craft is great because it recycles used items instead of throwing them in our landfills.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ceramic or glass plate
- 1 ceramic or glass bowl
- 1 metal, glass, or ceramic candle holder
- E-6000 Adhesive (tube)
- Choose your plate and bowl or plate and saucer. Also choose a candle holder that is at least 3 inches high.
- Place a thin line of E-6000 adhesive along the bottom rim of the candle holder, then place the candle holder in the middle of the large plate.
- Place a thin line of adhesive along the top rim of the candle holder, then place the bowl or saucer on top of the candle holder.
- Allow your new two-tier serving platter to dry according to the instructions on the adhesive tube.
This can be used to hold cupcakes, fruit, or cookies; the uses are endless.
Enjoy and remember, Reuse - Reduce - Recycle
By Mechille from Lake City, MI