Making a Four Tier Votive Candle Holder from PVC Pipe
March 11, 2019
I have heard a lot about making things from tp rolls. I don't buy paper towels, so the next best thing, to get the height I needed was using PVC pipes.
For what I paid, I am very happy.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 30 in PVC pipe, cut into lengths ($1.73)
- 1-2 sticks hot glue ($.20)
- 75 yd yarn or fabric ($1.00)
- 2 faux candles ($1.00)
- 6 faux flowers ($.25)
- 1 yd raffia cut into 3 1' lengths
- 1 oz paint
- I went to my local hardware store, and had him cut me 4 pieces of the PVC pipe. They were 12, 9, 6, and 3 inches. At first, I was going to paint them. Then I thought better, but still needed some paint for the top. If you do this, paint the top first.
- I love Sashay yarn. If you don't use it for the scarves, you can use it for some pretty cool things.
- I began to wrap the yarn around the PVC pipe just to kind of measure how much to cut. When I realized some of it was going to be pretty thin, I went ahead and let it be that way every once in a while to keep it authentic.
- Once each pipe was covered, it was time to glue them together. Each one would need a "heavy" stream of glue and then be held tightly for about 3 minutes. Keep in mind, you might not have anything more than yarn to yarn adherence. When you are ready for the last one, you will have to glue two streams and attach them to the other 3. Spot paint the top to match the yarn. That is because I wanted to hide the cut marks.
- Once they are cooled, wrap some raffia around them. I displayed them with two real candles on the top just for show. I won't burn them.
- NOTE: These could also be used for vases. The smaller ones could be for infusion sticks, too. You can also use different colors of yarn, or ripped fabric, etc. N-JOY!!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
March 14, 20190 found this helpful
Gorgeous work! :)
March 15, 20190 found this helpful
Well aren't you sweet. Thanks! All in all I think this might have cost me 2.50?? Plus it was fun.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.