Saving Water When Showering

For those who are annoyed with a shower that gives you no option for how much water comes out of it (only hot to cold), you can buy these toggle switches. I got one along with a low flow shower head once, but I'm really not sure who carries them alone.

You can control the water flow with them; from full to a bare trickle. I usually turn it almost off when I'm shampooing and soaping and put it back on full when I'm rinsing off. It probably takes a 7.5 gallon shower down to 3 gallons or less! I'm still fully clean, spent the same time in the shower, but I used so much less water and helped the environment, too! Buwaaa!

By thintieguy from Los Angeles

Yeah! We just got a new shower head, my husband is a plumber and hates the low flows, so we don't have them (funny thing is, he shaves his head, so why he needs a blast is beyond me!). But the new head has a stop/trickle option, I wasn't sure what for, so glad you reminded me! Thanks!

Hmm. I'm pretty sure we have one of those toggles. I'll have to give it a try.

January 27, 2010 Flag

To conserve water while showering in a two-knob shower, only turn water down when you adjust the temperature. If you want it colder, for instance, turn the hot knob down, and vice-versa.

By Nicole from Chicago

Shower head turned on.
Saving Water When Showering
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterJanuary 27, 2010
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
man maintaining a water heater
Saving Money on Heating Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Bottled Water
Saving Money on Bottled Water