Blooming Lilac

I planted this Lilac late June and am very surprised how fast it grew, it was so small, and it is actually blooming! I thought it would take a second year before it would bloom. I am so excited, I planted it right by a window so I can enjoy the smell.

By Linda from Bellevue, N.E

Blooming Lilac
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Don't be too excited and keep a tight leash on your Lilac Tree or you will discover exactly how fast it grows!

The plant has invasive properties therefore, keep the Bush to only one stalk and don't allow any shoots to wander all over your yard and garden. Prune it fast and hard and show no mercy!

Finally, enjoy the smell! It only blooms for one or two weeks in the Spring!

It is pretty, and fragrance galore. Even the foliage is nice. If you ever let it grow for like fifty or whatever years, it will have beautiful bark in a twisted spiral around the trunk. There are some near me with trunks about 6 inches in diameter, still fragrant in bloom.

Comment

Photos GardenMay 19, 2008
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Flowers
Lilac Leaves Turning Brown
Lilac Blooming
Lilac Not Blooming
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:14:34 PM on 10.0.0.75 in 791 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.