Cat Poops Under The Bed

My cat poops under the bed no matter how clean litter box is. Any ideas?

Robin from Centralia, Illinois

Your cat may be irritated by the chemicals put into the litter. You may want to try another brand or get advice from a vet.

try putting the litterbox in a differant place. or the cat has worms or irritable bowel problems and it cant help it.

Put boxes under the bed so the cat can't get under it.

Has anything changed in your household lately?

I have a cat who always went to her litterbox faithly, until I moved in with my daughter. My daughter had two cats and my cat was scared of them. She started going under my bed. It got so bad, she was so terrified I had to board her with my girlfriend. I do not have a remedy for you, you just need to see if that could be the reason, If you can not figure it out, you may need to consult a Vet. Your cat could have something going on in her system that only a Vet can take care of. Good Luck.

How about putting the litter box or tray under your bed to see if your kitty will use it there? If it does, then you have at least two options: keep the litter box under your bed, OR ever so slightly move the litter box towards where the litter box is usually placed... do it oh so very slowly... this is supposed to work.

I've tried this in various spots where my cats have gone where they are not suppose to. Put their food or water there. They will not go anywhere near where their food or water is placed.

Is the litterbox in a quiet undisturbed place? Cats like privacy too and if the litterbox is in a little too busy place, this could put it off from using it.

Uncleanliness is also often the first sign of disease. If the cat for example has worms or a urinary tract disease, it may associate the discomfort or pain with the litterbox and try to avoid this by not using the litterbox.

Maybe the cat simply just doesn't like the kind of litter you're using. Have you changed brand recently? If so, try changing back... Do you use a litterbox with a lid? Some cats are afraid of covered litterboxes because it make them feel trapped. Try taking off the lid.

Cats don't appreciate change that much, so try to figure out if anything has changed in it's life. Sometimes something like a new baby or boyfiríend or just that the neighbours have gotten a new (and perhaps to the cat, threatening) cat or dog is enough.

In any case, the cat is trying to tell you something...

I would take the cat to a vet to rule out any disease and then take it from there... Good luck!

Let us know how things work out...

Pets AdviceNovember 30, 2006
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄
🍂