Freezing Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Can mashed sweet potatoes be frozen?

Judy from Clinton, MA

Yes but they will be a little runny when you thaw them out.

Tip--freeze them in an ice cube tray you designate for freezing foods. After the sweet potatoes are frozen, dump out the cubes in a Ziploc-style freezer bag, label, and keep in the freezer. This makes it easy to get exactly the amount you want to use when you want to get them back out.

Another tip--if they are a little runnier than the original when you thaw them, zap them for a short time uncovered in the microwave, or heat gently in a pan on the stove to drive out some of the water. Or, you could stir in a small amount of white instant potato flakes to soak up excess liquid.

Hope this helps! Ms. C.

Yes I have frozen mash sweet potatoes before.

Yes sweet potatoes freeze very well. Even better than regular potatoes in my opinion.

Hi, I've had sweet mashed potatoes in the fridge for two days. Meaning to serve them the day I made them of course, but the 'menu' got changed for the next few days I didn't want them just sitting in there any longer and I'm not throwing them out! They are still good.

So I came to the internet. I knew it would be okay to freeze them but was looking for different ideas. After reading your answers I put them in a tightly covered plastic container and they are now in the freezer. I figure tv dinners.. everything is frozen. I posted my question and came to this web site which is cool. Thanks for the great answers! Deb

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 15, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes