Organizing Electric Adapters

I have a lot of things that use the adapters with the little black box on the cord that plugs in to the electrical outlet in order to use. Each one seems a different size. In order to know what one is for what machine, I write the item on the box with a white out pen or liquid paper pen. It shows up nicely on the black, and I can store the adapters all in the same box without having to guess which one is for what.

By Nightsong from Yates Center, KS

I find a silver sharpie works well to mark black cords and boxes too.

Remember that any "white-out" dries and flakes off with time. Cay from FL

I buy the Silver Sharpie pen to mark my AC adapters. The majority of them are black and the silver works extremely well on the adapters. It is also so easy to write with the sharpie. Try it! You'll love it!

Great tip, if you're organized enough to keep the box. For those of us not that organized, here's my alternative: use a "peel-and-stick" address label. Peel it off and fold it in half over the adapter cord. Use a sharpie or any good pen or marker to write your label. If and when it starts to fray, it's simple enough to make a new one.

If you're using the white-out pen and it starts to flake, I suppose you could scrape off the old and write fresh, too.

As soon as I buy a new electrical appliance I make sure to take a post it pad and tape it to the cord and write what's it's for then I put scotch tape over the paper so it won't erase or tear .... I do it for all my chargers also. Hope this can help someone.

Storing appliance cords in toilet paper tubes to keep from tangling.
Organizing Electrical Cords
Organizing MiscellaneousMay 23, 2011
closeup of electric toothbrush
Using an Electric Toothbrush
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill, Money and Light Bulb on Top of Electric Bill
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill