Waste Paper Basket

Have you ever noticed there are some very nice waste paper baskets in the stores. They are so expensive, so I tried to decorate my own:

Materials

• $1.00 store plastic basket in white, or yellow or pink or blue
  • $1.00 store doilies
  • $1.00 store flowers
  • glue gun

Directions

Wrap and glue doily to the top of the basket, glue the fringe of lace around the top then glue the flowers onto the basket, spacing accordingly.

Wow, this is so simple and so cute. I am now going make one for a gift for my baby granddaughter's room: pink, pink dolls, the lace, the doily. What a nice gift, fill with appropriate oils, creams and lotions for the baby. Hope you enjoy this craft, I know that I did.

By Janet from Toronto Ontario

This is a really cute idea. I just wanted to mention that you can get the baskets for free! Wal-mart is the place I use, but any store that sells fresh cut flowers would probably give them to you. Go to the floral dept. and ask for those plastic buckets they use to hold the fresh cut flowers. I get 10-15 of them free every year for our cub scout group to cover with a collage and use for a garbage can. I use them all over the house as well. They make great mop buckets! They also work well to store toys and I have also used them to put open bags of potting soil in.

Is there a picture anywhere? Sounds lovely!

pink waste basket
Decorating a Waste Basket
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJune 11, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Jack O' Lantern Basket
Making a Paper Jack O' Lantern Basket
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:30:24 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.