Decorating a Waste Basket

Turn a plain waste basket into a piece of decor to coordinate with your room. This is a guide about decorating a waste basket.

You can cover inexpensive plastic waste paper baskets from the dollar store and elsewhere with marbled contact paper to spiff them up. Use flowered paper, too, to fit the color scheme. Works on vinyl as well as hard plastic and makes them look much more expensive.

Have you ever noticed there are some very nice waste paper baskets in the stores. They are so expensive, so I tried to decorate my own:

Wrap and glue doily to the top of the basket, glue the fringe of lace around the top then glue the flowers onto the basket, spacing accordingly.

Wow, this is so simple and so cute. I am now going make one for a gift for my baby granddaughter's room: pink, pink dolls, the lace, the doily. What a nice gift, fill with appropriate oils, creams and lotions for the baby. Hope you enjoy this craft, I know that I did.

By Janet from Toronto Ontario