CD Cake Toppers Or Centerpieces

I decided to recycle old scratched up or non-useable CD's. So I made these into centerpieces and cake toppers and sell them for extra money. Each one is different and one of a kind or sometimes I have doubles of some figurines.

The CDs are my base and then I go from there. I buy my figurines from thrift shops and yard sales and dollar stores, and I save all my scrap material and lace to glue to my base. I also have people save me their old CDs, including thrift shops where people donate their things. The owners said they end up just throwing them away, but now they save them for me.

By Myra from Allenhurst, GA

That is the most adorable idea I've ever seen. Something unique and so cute. I love how you add items to make it more original. You must love to go garage saling.So if it's a certain theme for a boy or girl you look for those specific items? How great. The mommy can make a plain cake and sit the topper on it and wha-la it's decorated.

How cute and clever. You ought to do graduates and wedding too, Pooh would be cute or Dora or Spider man too. All those figures from McDonalds happy meals, great idea!

I wonder if the McDonalds toys have patents on. Those patents are crazy. You cannot use them to make money. I'm not sure exactly how it works but you need to check.

I make Centerpieces and Cake Toppers for Weddings & Baby Showers and so on. I just started this, so my webpage is just getting started. let me know if you would like my website, not sure if I am allowed to post it here.

I love this idea! Super way to recycle items. Great job!

I loved this idea so much I went to the next boot sale and managed to get bear figures for different prices. The most 'expensive' was 40p. cheapest was 10p! Now to get crafting...

As my earlier message said, I loved this idea, I DID get crafting, and had the perfect occasion, my daughter's 10th birthday (Today!). The fairy figure had no wings when I bought it from a car boot sale, so I used a 'favour/organza' bag I had to make some. I used an old pair of tights to cover the CD, and a clay number 10 that I had made. I then finished it off with some chocolates from the 99p store (as they looked almost like toadstools) and finished with a small candle I had. I never throw things out!

CD Spinner Top
Crafts Using CDs
Crafts Party CenterpiecesJune 22, 2009
A holder for a hand of cards from a recycled CD
Making a Card Holder from CDs
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Closeup of tree.
Making a Christmas Tree With Junk CDs
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎉
🎄