Smelly Car Vents

How do I get the nasty smell out of my vents in my car? It smells really bad, almost like dog pee, when I first turn on the A/C or open a vent. I've sprayed Lysol, Febreze, and lots of other things right into the vent. Please help me! Thank you.

Naomie from NC

Take a whiff where your vents are on the outside. Sometimes cats spray there. If it smells bad, wash the area well with vinegar then after cleaning all the leaves and any other debris out of the vents, turn on the air conditioner and spray Lysol Disinfectant Spray into the vents. Let the air run for a couple of minutes. Sometimes it takes a couple of treatments, if it's real bad. But it definitely works.

Try spraying the lysol into the 'intake grille' of the cars a/c. Then run it for 5 minutes. That's what the repairmen told us to do for that problem. It sure solved it fast.

if your vents are still smelly try replacing the cabin air filter. my husband works on his car a ton so i always thought it smelled like grease in the car. we reaplced the filter, like you do in your home, and the smell was gone. i could just be aged with outdoor smells

The smell generally comes from the AC on max or recirculate. This causes the air to recirculate, and not allow fresh air into the system. The AC condensor never dries and becomes moldy and smelly. Change the vent to outside air and turn the AC off a couple of minutes before your destination, leaving the fan on high should help in drying things out.

Car Vent
Smells Coming From Car Vents
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoJuly 19, 2004
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Steam Cleaning Smelly Carpet
Cleaning Smelly Carpet
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 2:33:48 PM on 10.0.1.29 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.