Rings Under My Eyes After Switching to Contacts

I have been using glasses for years and I have now switched to contacts. The only bad thing is the rings under my eyes. Are there any remedies for making them fade away or make up tips to cover up?

Sana.m from Durban, South Africa

avon has a new product out called anew alternative that is suppose to get rid of under eye circles

Dark circles under eyes are usually "Allergy Shiners" if you are an allergy sufferer, chances are , wearing the contacts are causing you more problems, hence, the darkness under the eyes. Perhaps get your eye dr. to prescribe some allergy drops such as patanol or optivar and see how that helps.

umm... i have no help to how you're supposed to make the circles leave but i know why they're there now that you have contacts!! the same thing happened to me, i was scared it was th econtacts at first but its not. ok, when you have glasses on the bottom rim usually covers up the area where circles are most common so you can't see them and when you take your glasses off then its too fuzzy to see the circles!! so they've been there all along! i've heard that putting ice under your eye helps because the circle is really just a swollen part of skin under your eye but i have no idea if this theory works... i think i'm going to try it now though! bye bye

Dark Circles Under Eyes
Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 23, 2007
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Orc Costume (Lord of the Rings)
Woman massaging her eyes
Remedies for Bags Under Your Eyes