Photo: Moses On The Move

contest winner icon

My grandson had major health problems when he was born followed by a year of surgeries, procedures and checkups. He had his final surgery in March, and his first birthday the beginning of April. Despite still needing a liquid feeding pump, he is now healthy and a very happy boy. He is big enough to carry the pump on his back in a backpack, with a tube that goes into a permanent port on the side of his stomach.

There is no stopping him now! He is not only crawling everywhere; he is pulling himself up and walking. His favorite thing is to chase his dog, Ollie, around the house. He is truly a joy and blessing in our lives, and my new nickname for him is 'Turtle'!

By Kathy

Don't you just love a successful story? What a great little boy your grandson is and having so much fun. I can tell he has a great personality. Nothing is going to get him down and he'll smile all the way. What a great little motivator he is for many people. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading about him, Kathy.

Moses is such an adorable little boy, & I have really enjoyed reading the updates you occasionally post. His smile is totally infectious, you can't help but smile back when you see him! Thanks for sharing him with us!

Thanks for the updates! Moses is progressing and growing in leaps and bounds! How wonderful! I love his bear suit too. ;-)

What a beautiful and spirited "indigo" child...watch out, world; that smile is gonna get you!

January 11, 2012 Flag

Usually, one of my 'three boys' is missing for holiday celebrations, due to work or distance. For Christmas this year, my husband of almost 31 years, (Moses Sr.) my son, age 28, (Moses Jr.) and my grandson age 19 months (Moses the III) were all in the same place at the same time, and I was lucky enough to get a few pictures of them. The three 'Moses' all together!

My grandson, despite serious health problems for the first year after he was born, is thriving and happy and healthy. It truly was a blessed Christmas for everyone!

By Kathy

You have a lovely looking family. How great that you'll have these pictures to treasure for always.

What a wonderful update about Little Moses and thank you so much for sharing such a special generational photo with us! Being of multi-racial heritage myself I have to add it is wonderful seeing other family photos such as mine also with a rich and beautiful array of colors :-)

Gorgeous lads, every one:) Happy New Year, I'm so glad to hear your beautiful grandson is doing well!

August 1, 2011 Flag

My 1 1/2 year old grandson Moses was exploring the beach and became fascinated by his own shadow. He laughed every time he waved his arms and then proceeded to chase it.

Moses at the Beach

May 24, 2011 Flag

For my grandson Moses' first birthday we took him to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. He was so fascinated with the aquarium and the penguins, we had a hard time getting him away from the tanks.

A young boy at the zoo, looking into a glass tank.

April 27, 2011 Flag
My grandson Moses, has been in and out of Seattle Children's Hospital, on and off for more than 7 out of the 10 months since he was born. He was diagnosed with Hirschsprungs disease (digestive disease that affects the intestines) when he was 6 days old, and had surgery to remove all of his small and half of his large intestine, because the disease extended that far into his bowel. He has had a feeding tube in his nose and a 'baby' colostomy bag ever since. He just had his last surgery, and no longer has the tube in his nose, or the colostomy bag on his abdomen.

Although neither one ever seemed to bother him, he is now very happy to be eating solid foods. He will always have diet restrictions, but happily spaghetti isn't one of them!

Although he couldn't have any, I made dozens of cookies for the nurses and staff who have taken care of him for so many months, we are truly blessed and will be grateful for them forever.

By Kathy

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Answers:

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Moses is beautiful. Great smile! (03/07/2011)

By mulberry204

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

What an angel! And I am sorry to know he has had such huge health issues from the beginning. I wish him health! (03/07/2011)

By thriftyvicki

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

What an inspiration he must be, to have been through so much and still smile away! What a handsome fellow. (03/07/2011)

By jilliebean9700

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

It is so wonderful to see updated photos of Moses without his feeding tube and to know his last surgery went so well! He sure looks happy with his new luxury of eating and enjoying being able to be a normal toddler who can finally make messes with his food. ;-) (03/07/2011)

By Deeli

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

This is the first time I've had the pleasure of seeing adorable Moses, what a sweet, happy child with that yummy spagetti mess all over his face! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news about your grandson. I've said prayers for him and everyone who loves him. :-) (03/07/2011)

By BMD

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Now that's one precious baby. I pray that he will be healthy, he looks happy. God bless you and your family.
Grandma Ness (03/07/2011)

By grandmaness

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Oh, he is so adorable!! Thank God that he was able to get the care from Seattle Childrens'. They work miracles there! God Bless. (03/07/2011)

By LeeAnne67

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Awww. How adorable he is! I know what you went through. We had a similar problem with my now 3 yr. old grandson. He is now well and very active. Please give little Moses a huge hug. We are so happy for your family and especially Moses. The Howell Family (03/08/2011)

By K9cats

Photo: Moses Eating Spaghetti

Yay, Moses! I know from experience how wonderful Children's hospitals are. Give that precious little man hugs from the Cordells! Thanks for the happy update. (03/10/2011)

By JustPlainJo

March 5, 2011 Flag

My 9 month old grandson, Moses, outgrew his 'baby bathtub' and was obviously enjoying his 'big boy' bath when this was taken. Even though he has had some health challenges, he is thriving and resilient.

Moses has been in and out of Seattle Children's Hospital enough times (many routine visits), that he is a favorite of all the staff. He brightens their day just by smiling at everyone when they walk in his room. One nurse said she always stopped by in his room, even when she was not assigned to him, just to get her 'little bit of happy' for the day.

By Kathy

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

Answers:

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

What a happy cute boy Moses is and his eyes show a sweet devilish go for the gusto attitude! :-) (02/03/2011)

By Deeli

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

May God bless him and keep Moses in His Grace today, tomorrow and forever. (02/03/2011)

By CookieRod

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

What a cutie! He looks like he is thriving and I hope his medical issues are soon a thing of the past. He looks like he could beat anything. A real fighter. Go Moses! (02/03/2011)

By ninya61

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

It's heartbreaking to see a little child go through so much, but heartwarming to see how well they accept and keep on being cute and charming. He's a precious little fellow, and I'm saying a prayer for his full recovery and a long healthy life.

Thanks for sharing the Big Boy Bath photo. One of these days, he's not going to like it very much, but it's precious, and he'll learn to appreciate it when he has children of his own.

(02/04/2011)

By PookaRina

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

He is just adorable! My grandson had some health issues and had to have surgery twice when he was 3, Cody is now thriving and is doing great. Please give Moses a big hug from our family. His face tells it all. Hugs, The Howell's (02/04/2011)

By K9cats

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

Moses is so lovely. Hope he keeps well now. (02/04/2011)

By Julia Walton

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

Precious, precious photo of a beautiful child of God - thanks for sharing Moses' story with us! (02/04/2011)

By caseye

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

He's adorable and what a smile, would make anyone happy to be around him. Best of luck on his health issues, he certainly seems to be happy regardless of them. (02/04/2011)

By crystalmitchell

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

I just love Moses smile. You can see how he could bring joy to all who see him, especillay in a hospital. God Bless Him! What spirit. Mary C. (02/04/2011)

By Mary C.

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

What a sweet little face! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and this little boy with such a powerful name. Never under estimate the power of prayer. God bless and keep you safe moses. (02/05/2011)

By ELSABLUE

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

Moses is such a beautiful baby boy, may God shine on in his life. (02/05/2011)

By Lynda (crabby)

Photo: First Big Boy Bath

Aww! That little fellow will grow into his big name in no time. I speak by faith. (02/06/2011)

By JustPlainJo

Photos FamilyApril 27, 2011
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎄