How to Set Rates for Move Out House Cleaning Services

Category Business
Some house cleaners like to focus on specific job categories, such as move in or move out cleanings. Determining a fair and profitable rate can sometimes seem confusing. This is a guide about how to set rates for move out house cleaning services.

I'm confused on what to charge the realty company I'm contracting with. This house is 26 miles one way which is a total of 52 miles. The home is a 5 bdrm, 2 baths, and is very very dirty. The home is has all wooden floors and everything is covered in muddy dried dirt, the doors, floors, and even the baseboards are pathetic. There is also a huge computer desk and love seat couch that have to be removed.

Just for the time I'll spend on the floors I'm guessing approximately 8-9 hrs out of the 16 hrs I'm calculating it will take me to complete the job. So actually there would be 2 trips at 52 miles each trip. I supply all cleaning supplies and tools. Please give me an average. I live in Amarillo, Texas and I was bidding along the line of 300.00 due to all the backbreaking work and hours it will take to get that place in a liveable home. Please I need an answer asap! Thank you and this also includes wiping down all baseboards, doors, and wooden floors.

By Sandy from Amarillo, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Do not be afraid to charge $25 to $35 an hour on a move in move out hours. Remember that a move in house needs all cabinets and shelves clean, walls washed, every light and fan cleaned, and so on. Everything needs to be move in ready so the new resident doesn't have to do any thing. It is a lot of work, so you deserve to get paid right for it. I would be charging $375 to $425. If there is furniture, it would be more.

I live in the southeast and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what to charge for a move out cleaning for a rental house. I know it depends on the size of the house. It will include a very thorough cleaning, drawers, cabinets, windows, plus appliances. Do most people charge by the hour, square foot, etc? Thank you.

By Marie

Answers

Best Answer

I charge by the square foot. I believe that 14 cents per square foot is fair to both parties. You get $280 for 2,000 square feet and that covers supplies, gas, etc.

I am trying to determine how much to charge for cleaning after a move out. I think there are 2 people. The house is 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. What do you think? How much would you charge?

By jackie from Reading, PA

Answers

Best Answer

A move out cleaning takes twice as long as a regular cleaning. That would be 8 to 10 hours. In the PNW the going rate is $20 hourly in the suburbs and $25 to $30 hourly in the city.

I give an approximate bid and then adjust for "surprises" when the job is finished.

What should I charge to clean a 4 bedroom move out?

Answers

Take a look at the place before providing a quote. If someone's moving out it could be just a normal cleaning job, but if the landlord / owner has to hire someone, it could also be pretty terrible.

LOOK AT PLACE BEFORE QUOTE....... IM WITH YOU ANNE ON THAT

I've been cleaning houses for 3 months now, but to pick up more business I passed out flyers to all of the realtor offices around town to do make ready move in or out homes. I have no idea how to charge for those and the last thing I want is to be underpaid and overworked. My mom suggested a certain amount per square foot. What should I go by?

Answers

I can't provide a fee amount as you did not provide your location, however, as you are just starting out in your business, I offer this advice-it will seem just more work, however, I guarantee that it will enhance your professional reputation and business.

I caution you not to set any fee until you have considered these basics. BEFORE any job or service, even if your client is a relative, friend, etc., you should protect yourself:
*Complete a thorough and detailed "walk-thru" to see EXACTLY WHAT YOUR CLIENT EXPECTS AND DEMANDS.
*Decide on a fee-per hour, service type, etc.
*Develop a cleaning, etc., fee contract covering what your client expects re service (as thorough as possible) and exactly what you expect to do to complete the job.

Your client and you must sign any contract before service. You can find printable simple contracts online and in Microsoft Word.
*State in the contract exactly what you will do if you find "other work" in your service that your client and you have NOT agreed to-such as: extra work you had not anticipated or more than expected work (tons of laundry, more than agreed cleaning, etc.). Will you simply list the problems and not complete them or contact your client re what she/he wants you to do, etc.?
*This list is only the basics in deciding service and fees but is crucial if you want to be paid for what you will do.

Always Remember-
Work for free or work for full price; never work for nothing!
Reply